To help prevent the spread of coronavirus, your options to vote in the June 30, 2020 Primary Election may be different than previous elections. If you are a registered voter of a county other than San Juan County, please note the following changes:
- The Primary Election will be conducted primarily by mail.
- Drop boxes will be available for depositing mail ballots until 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- There will be no regular polling places on election day, but your county may offer limited drive-up voting on Election Day, June 30th. Your county clerk may cancel drive-up voting based on public health concerns without prior notice.
- If drive-up voting is cancelled based on public health concerns, you will be required to vote by mail.
- Unless your county offers drive-up voting on Election Day only, there will not be in person voting and no in person early voting.
- There will be no in person voter registration.
- There will be no voter registration on Election Day or at the polls (also known as registration by provisional ballot).
- If you are a voter with a disability who is not able to vote using a mail ballot, you may obtain information on voting in an accessible manner by visiting your county clerk’s website, by contacting your county clerk, or by reviewing the information included in your mail ballot.
If you are registered to vote in San Juan County, your county will provide early voting and polling places on Election Day as it has done in the past. Visit the San Juan County Clerk’s website for more information.