2020 November General Election Information
The November General Election is on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Click on a question below for more information.
If you are an active registered voter, then yes, you will automatically receive a ballot in the mail. Click this link to check if you are an active registered voter.
Your county clerk will mail ballots between October 13, 2020 and October 27, 2020. If you are registered to vote in San Juan County, your ballot may be mailed sooner. If you do not receive a ballot shortly after this time, immediately contact your county clerk’s office.
Your voter registration must be received by your county clerk before 5:00 pm on Friday, October 23, 2020. However, you may register to vote at an early voting location or at a polling location on Election Day, but you will need to bring two forms of identification with you. Click on the links below for more information:
Your county clerk uses various security and privacy measures to ensure that your mail ballot is secret and counted accurately. Watch this short video that explains the vote by mail process and these security measures:
Some counties offer prepaid postage on your ballot envelope, and other counties do not. Refer to the instructions that are included in your ballot.
If your county does not offer prepaid postage and you cannot obtain a stamp, your county may offer drop box locations. To view drop box locations in your county, enter your address at this link. Another option is to place your ballot in the mail without postage, and the Postal Service will still deliver your ballot to your county clerk’s office.
Can’t find the information you’re looking for? Here are some helpful links:
- 2020 General Election Canvass
- Read the 2020 Utah Statewide Voter Information Pamphlet
- Learn how to register to vote
- Learn how to send your ballot to an alternate or temporary address
- Learn about voter ID requirements
- Information for military and overseas voters
- Information for voters with disabilities
- View the ballots processed for the 2020 General Election (updated daily)
- View the number of outstanding ballots for the 2020 General Election
- View the final results of the 2020 Regular Primary Election
- Find an Official Ballot Drop Box near you