Submit Candidate Profile
Follow these steps to submit your candidate profile:
- Click on the link provided below.
- Select your name on the drop down list.
- Click “Request PIN.” A PIN number will be emailed to the email address you provided when you declared candidacy.
- After obtaining your PIN in your email, enter your PIN in the website and click “Submit.”
- Enter your candidate profile information and click “Submit” when you are done. PLEASE NOTE: the website will time out after one hour. A notification will appear before the time out and ask you to save your profile.
Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions
(1) I submitted my profile, but it isn’t showing up on the website.
All candidate profiles will be posted on the website on May 22, 2020. If your profile is not appearing on the website after this date, immediately contact the Lt. Governor’s Office at 801-538-1041 or email@example.com.
(2) The website is showing me an error when I try to submit my profile.
If you submitted a photo, it is likely that the photo’s file is too large. The website cannot accept photo files that are larger than 1MB. Compress the image (there are various free websites that do this) and upload the image again.
(3) I requested a PIN, but I did not receive it in my email.
Your PIN will be sent to the email address that you provided to the filing officer when you declared candidacy. Check your email’s spam filter. If you did not provide an email address to the filing officer, contact the Lt. Governor’s Office at 801-538-1041 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
(4) The formatting on my profile statement looks strange.
If you copy and paste text from word processing programs, such as Microsoft Word, the formatting from the program may alter the formatting on the website. If this occurs, contact the Lt. Governor’s Office at 801-538-1041 or email@example.com for assistance.