Election Dates & Deadlines
Below are some important election dates and deadlines for the 2019 Municipal Election.
General Election Dates and Deadlines
- September 3: Last day for an individual to officially declare as a write-in candidate.
- September 20: Ballots are transmitted to military voters, their dependents, and voters living outside of the U.S.
- October 7: Last day to mail a paper voter registration form.
- October 15 – October 22: Mail ballots are sent to voters.
- October 22: In-person early voting begins. You may register to vote at an early voting location by casting a provisional ballot. Please note that early voting may not be offered by your municipality.
- October 29: Last day to request a mail ballot. It is also the last day to register to vote using the online registration system or at your county clerk’s office.
- November 1: In-person early voting ends in some jurisdictions, but your jurisdiction may extend the early voting period until November 4th. Check with your municipal clerk or recorder for more information.
- November 5: Municipal General Election. You may register to vote at a polling location by casting a provisional ballot.