Learn how to register to vote
Click on a heading below:
You can register to vote using one of the methods below:
- Registering by mail. Fill out a paper registration form and mail it to your county clerk. The form must be postmarked by October 7, 2019 to be valid.
- Registering online at the website voter.utah.gov. A valid Utah driver license or valid Utah ID is required. The deadline to register using the online registration system is October 29, 2019.
- Registering at your county clerk’s office. The deadline is October 29, 2019.
- Registering to vote at a polling location. You will be asked to complete a provisional ballot, and you will be required to provide identification and proof of residence (such as a recent utility bill).
You must meet certain requirements to register to vote in Utah. You must be:
- A U.S. Citizen;
- A resident of Utah for at least 30 days before the election; and
- 18 years old on or before the day of the election.
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can pre-register to vote. If you pre-register, you will automatically be registered to vote when you turn 18 years old.
You are considered a resident of Utah if your principal place of residence is in the state and you have the intention of making your residence here permanent or indefinite. If you have additional questions, please contact your county clerk.
If you are a convicted felon, you can register and vote unless you are currently serving a jail or prison sentence. Your voting rights are automatically restored when you are granted parole, sentenced to probation, or successfully complete your term of incarceration.
You should register at the address that you consider your permanent residence. This may be your home address or your current address at school. If you are a resident of Utah and attending school away from home, you can request a mail ballot to be sent to your current address. Visit this page for more information about requesting a mail ballot.
Can’t find the information you are looking for? Contact the Lieutenant Governor’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-538-1041.